Week 2 – Monday, 7 February 2022
Session 1 – English Focus
Watch the story Keith the Cat with the Magic Hat:
Draw a picture of your favourite character and write some sentences explaining why you chose that character.
Please visit: https://100wc.net/ then scroll down to the ‘Latest Prompt’. Write a story, using the prompt as inspiration. Remember to include a title and you can illustrate your story if you wish. Read your writing to another member of your household (this could be a pet or a teddy).
Reading to self – Read for at least 20 minutes.
Online options – Reading Eggs or Read Theory.
Take a break, get some fresh air and play!
Session 2 – Math Focus
- Complete the Esti Mystery Maths questions. There are 3 levels to try:
- Esti Mystery Maths level 1 (PowerPoint)
- Esti Mystery Maths level 2 (PowerPoint)
- Esti Mystery Maths level 3 (PowerPoint)
- Estimate how many steps it takes to walk around the boundary of your back or front yard. Then go outside and count it.
- Draw a bird’s-eye view of your yard and for an extra challenge include a scale.
- Online options – Mathletics
Eat lunch, play outside and relax for a while.
Session 3 – Mindfulness
- Choose a yoga video on Cosmic Kids https://cosmickids.com/watch/
- Follow the actions to these Gonoodle songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUPYR235O8 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9q4U2P3ig
- Think about some of the things that might challenge you at school and write down some words you could say to yourself to help you overcome them. Create a poster you can refer to during tough times. Remember to keep it positive.
- Spend some time outside in the fresh air doing something fun.