Week 1 – Friday, 4th February, 2022
Today’s topic is: Setting Goals
- Set yourself some outdoor goals that you can complete. Time or score this task and record your time/score. e.g. bouncing a ball, running to and from the letterbox, skipping without stopping etc.
- Repeat your activities later in the day, can you beat your earlier time/score?
Maths Game: Creative Counting/Outdoor Maths
For today’s maths lesson, go outside into your yard and count how many of the things below you can see:
- kids’ toys
- tables and chairs
🌼 flowers = 2 points
🦜 birds = 3 points
🌳 trees = 4 points
🐱🐠🐔🐶 animals = 5 points
🚗🚚🛴🚲 transport = 6 points
- Add together combinations of points (e.g. add the points from birds with points from transport, 3 (birds) + 6 (transport) = 9)
- Multiply combinations of points
- Use your points to come up with many other maths problems, this may include subtraction, division, or a combination of all of them!
Set yourself a reading goal. How long can you read uninterrupted (reading stamina)? Can you beat this time each day?
Set yourself a goal to help another person each day. How could you record what you did?
Listening to Reading – Story time with Mr. Heard, ‘Giraffe’s can’t Dance’
Writing Task 1
Write a short story about somebody achieving a tricky goal.
Use today’s ‘story of the day’, ‘Giraffe’s can’t Dance’, to find some inspiration.
Writing Task 2
Record your answers to these questions:
- What’s something you wish you could achieve?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What’s a challenge you would feel very proud to overcome?
Identify three school goals and three personal goals you would like to achieve this year. Display these goals in a format of your choice. This may include a poster, Google Slides, collage etc. Example:
Throughout the day, take the time to take a ‘brain break’. Follow the links below:
‘Cosmic Kids Yoga’